Color therapy, also referred to as chromotherapy, is the process of treating medical conditions and ailments using color. This can be achieved by exposing a specific part of our body to a distinct color.
The procedure may also involve asking the patient to concentrate on a certain color. However, this should be done with care in order to avoid straining the eye.
It should be considered as a supplementary or a complementary treatment procedure and should never be treated as an alternative to any professional medical assistance.
Table of Contents
- 1 Colors That Will Be Used on Color Therapy
- 2 Equipment for Color Therapy
- 3 Conclusion
Colors That Will Be Used on Color Therapy
To serve as your guide, we will provide you some of the basic information and detail about chromotherapy. It is a simple and effective way to promote spiritual healing. There are different powerful colors that can be used for color therapy. Here are some of them.
Green Is for Harmonizing our Life Force
Green is considered as the standard healing color. Regardless of your medical condition, the color therapy will usually start with a green light and will also end with it.
Additionally, it is also the safest type of color. It can be focused in a certain part of your body or can be used to apply all over your body.
- Illuminating instrument
A special type of illuminating instrument will be used during the color healing. Our skin will be exposed to the instrument for at least 10 minutes.
- The green light
The green light should be balance. You should not use green that has a higher concentration of blue or yellow. This ensures that the flow of the life force or prana will be harmonized.
Green will first affect our aura and the effect will be reflected to the rest of our body.
Yellow Promotes Knowledge and Wisdom
Yellow pertains to the human wisdom. If you are suffering from any mental deficiency, color therapy using yellow can help relieve the condition once it has been focused on the affected part.
There will be a concentration of yellow light that will be focused at the front and at the base of the neck. It is effective against different neurological condition and other conditions relating to our brain such as mental blockage.
- Mental Blockage
Mental Blockage is usually caused by the poor circulation. This can also be due to improper breathing that may eventually lead to mental deterioration. Yellow light can be used to avoid the severe strain that our brain is experiencing.
- 12 minutes
Total time required for application is around 12 minutes when applying it at the back and front of the head or neck.
The ladies will be asked to remove the make-up before the color therapy will proceed. This is since the makeup can reflect the yellow light that will affect the efficacy of the healing process.
Orange is a Stimulating Color
Orange is a potent color that can help us if we have problems in our heart, kidney, liver, spleen, and other organs that are involved with circulation.
The time needed to complete the application during color therapy is about 10 minutes. The bright orange light will be focused in our spleen if you have a poor circulation. However, this may not be effective if you have a hypertension.
- Almost all internal organs can be affected with this color. The higher concentration of orange color will produce the better result. The apparatus that will be used should be able to concentrate the light into the size of tennis ball.
- For those who are suffering from poor circulation, it should be done at least twice per week. it is a powerful vitalizer especially if it is combined with other natural healing method.
- Avoid using orange if a person is nervous. You should also refrain from using it on their forehead. If the patient is experiencing mental fatigue, the back of the neck should be exposed with orange light.
Red Can Relieve Rheumatism
Crimson red can be more potent than orange. Avoid using it on the head of the patient. Usually, this will be directly used on the joints such as ankles, knees and legs.
Color therapy can last for about 10-15 minutes. In case you plan to apply it on the shoulder, the treatment should be kept within 5 minutes.
The lamp should be positioned in a manner that it will be reflected on our shoulder or back to avoid exposing our head on the red light.
- Red has light frequencies that are long and slow. Therefore, it has higher penetrating properties than most colors. It can be used to stimulate a person’s aura that will clear the circulatory blockages.
- The infrared light is also based on similar principle. The only difference is that the infrared light is more potent compared to the ordinary lamp used during color therapy. The reaction will occur immediately after exposing the part of the body. Note that the use of infrared can be dangerous and should never be used for more than 15 minutes in our body.
Blue Can Prevent Nervous Tension
Blue can be applied on any parts of our body. Some of the medical condition that it can alleviate includes several types of nervous breakdown, hypertension, and all forms of nervous tension.
Applying the blue light on the affected body parts for at least 10minutes will allow you to reap the benefits that it offers.
However, if you are suffering from flu or cold, orange light is still the preferable color therapy solution. Those who are sensitive with the blue light has a high probability of catching physical cold.
- The vibration that blue light sends are quick and short that will prompt it to manifest as something cold. The coldness that it emits is necessary if your body temperature is high. Blue allows people to achieve a state of relaxation.
- By applying the vibration of blue, people who have an insomnia can have a peaceful sleep.
Violet Contains A Higher Spiritual Content
The vibration that the violet light can emit can be applied throughout our body. However, applying it to the lower part of our hips will simply be a waste.
Therefore, it should only be used mainly on our forehead and the remaining parts of the head during color therapy. A concentrated light can also be directed to our shoulder blade and heart for about 15 minutes.
- Similar with blue, violet also has a relaxing effect.
- It does not have the power to stimulate blood circulation. Nonetheless, violet still has the capacity to stimulate the flow of energy on our nervous system and psychic center.
Color Healing for Our Eyes
Another way we can use color as a healing tool is by introducing the right color to our eyes. This should be done carefully but it is quite effective.
You might not be aware about it, but each color can have an impact on cellular level. Green can safely be used in our eyes.
Simply look at a green color for a couple of minutes during color therapy to experience the relaxing and inspirational effect. The same thing can also be done with blue, yellow, and violet.
Due to the vibrational property, we do not encourage looking at orange and red light. If the lamp emits bright color, it can cause strain in our eyes.
In order to lessen the effect, a diffusing screen should be introduced. If this can’t be done, you can simply project the bright color on a white sheet while looking at the color for about 2 minutes.
Equipment for Color Therapy
When conducting chromotherapy, the probability of success will depend upon the concentration of the light. It is relatively easy to craft your own equipment for color healing.
You will need a plastic material with color that you can avail at the theatrical depot. You can then cut the material depending on the size that you need. Your materials should have a high resistance against heat and needs to be durable.
If you are not confident with your DIY skills, there are healing lamps available in the market. However, some of them might be expensive since they are fabricated from high quality materials.
Slide projector may also be used as an alternative if you find the healing lamp costly. You can easily mount it to the slide carrier, it controls the amount of heat being emitted, and can be focused.
The most recent tool for color therapy comes with remote control. All it takes is a simple push of the button to change the color that it emits.
It is recommended to use the healing lamp at 230-500 watts. Never operate the lamp on more than 500 wattage. This is the setting recommended when using color healing for our eyes.
Some countries and state place restriction on the use of chromotherapy as a supplemental treatment. This should only be conducted by a licensed medical expert. Be sure that you are aware of certain restriction if you wish to conduct this method.
When using color therapy, there are certain shades that will show their effect immediately, but this is not always the case. A patient that is more attuned spiritually will experience the effect of the color vibration at a faster rate.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article !