Cliché as it may sound, the eyes are known as the window to our soul. Most of the things that we say, perceive, do will be reflected in our eyes. Perhaps this is due to the location of our eyes and its proximity to our brain. Recent reports state that our eye can have a direct effect on our personality. Therefore, we decided to create a short guide on what your eye color say about you.
Table of Contents
What Does Eye Color Say About Your Personality?
Our eyes can reveal different aspects of our personalities. This will enable us to understand more things about ourselves. While the color of the eyes will depend upon genetics, psychologists have stated that eye colors can be associated with different personalities.
Dark brown is the most common color of the eye. At least 55% of the human population will have this eye color. It is believed that people with this type of eye color are warm and friendly. It is just difficult for you to conceal your kindness regardless of how much your try. In addition, you are also extremely sensitive. Dark brown is the shade of the earth. This also emanates a sense of high confidence. However, you are still grounded and humble.
- Lover – People with dark brown eyes are known to excellent lovers. They know how to keep their romantic partners satisfied.
- Leaders – Additionally, they can evolve as good leaders. It is less possible for them to have addictions or vices.
- Physically fit – They also pay attention to their health and mental strength.
Green is perhaps one of the rarest types of eye color. Most people who have this eye are albino and those with Heterochromia. If you have green eyes, there are times that you will act stubborn and want to turn away from the situation. However, if you choose to remain, you will gradually adapt. You are also someone with an intense passion. Your soul is also shrouded with enigmatic mystery.
- Active – Green is an invigorating and youthful color. You are someone who bring compassion and vitality anywhere you go.
- Stable – In case you meet someone irate or someone irrational, you will be able to deal with them in an appropriate manner without losing your cool.
- Decisive – You will be able to perform exceptionally where some people will obviously fail. This is due to your ability to create a swift decision.
After dark brown, blue would be the 2nd most common eye color in the world. According to the experts, people with blue eyes have the same ancestors. It is believed that people with blue eyes have a strong tolerance against pain. Their pain threshold is higher compared to people with different eye color. They also have a higher endurance and stamina. They can cope up with the high level of discomfort and stress and you will never hear them complain.
- Inner strength – Blue-eyed people are known to have an amazing poise and inner strength. Unfortunately, they usually receive a lot of misjudgment from the other people.
- Wrong Public Perception – Some people will think that you are egoistical and timid. This is because you are poor in expressing yourself.
- Good in Forging Relationship – You are someone who values friendship and you are smart, peaceful and kind. These qualities allow you to create a long-lasting relationship with the people around you.
- Inquisitive and Curious – You are someone with an excellent concentration skill and you are a good strategist. However, your inquisitive nature will make you appear aloof to others.
Apart from green, pure black is another rare eye color to find. It is believed that those who have dark eyes are very trustworthy. They will keep your secret like they mean it. They know how to handle responsibility. They were able to take pressure and they will not be affected with what’s happening around them. They can provide you a good advice that is based upon their long years of experience. Despite of that, they are never boring, and they know how to have fun.
- Dependable – As aforementioned, you are trustworthy. However, you tend to have a secretive behavior.
- Born Leader – You are intuitive and confident that makes you a great leader. You are also practical and hardworking.
- Optimistic – You view things in a positive way. You are also passionate about the things you love.
If this is the color of your eyes, you most probably have an easy going and fun-loving nature. You are caring and you love to establish new friendship. You are also polite and independent. Since this is an earth color, you have the same qualities of earth such as being humble and grounded. You are not materialistic, and you rarely pay attention to worldly possessions.
- Confident – You have a determined personality, but you have a trouble in expressing yourself. This may lead other people to think that you are arrogant.
- Caring – You prioritize the needs of your loved ones. In the end, you may neglect your personal needs.
Light Blue or Light Green
People who have a lighter shade are known to be highly sensitive against the pain of the people around them. However, it is interesting to note that they are immune or numb towards their own pain. They can show empathy. They will be coming to you right at the time that you need them the most. They also have a happy-go-lucky personality.
- Enthusiastic – You are fun, friendly, and loving. You can lift the spirit of other people just by being around them. You also have a sweet way to remind others how special they are to you.
- Alluring – You have an amazing sex appeal. You are often the center of attention especially during parties.
Hazel is another uncommon eye color. However, to those who have this feature, it speaks volume about your personality. You are someone strong yet also sensitive. You have a high amount of stamina and physical strength. You are patient and secretive. You will only chase after something when you know that the timing is perfect.
- Elegant – hazel is an incredible mixture of grey and brown. Most people who have this eye color are known for being elegant.
- Flexible – Your ability to adapt into any situation is commendable.
People who have this eye color is often disturbed with powerful inner conflicts. This will prevent them from creating a rational and sound decision. Nonetheless, regardless of the struggles that they are facing, they will often emerge more powerful than ever.
- Gentleness – Individuals with this eye color are known to be gentle and brilliant.
- Strength – Despite of being sensitive and battling against conflict, they are known for their inner strength.
- Adaptable – They can alter their emotion in order to suit the situation.
If you have a darker shade of grey, you want to show to the public that you have a strong demeanor, but you are actually a gentle person. You also have an incredible sense of balance. However, there are instances that you will act based on what is more convenient for your situation. This will make people think that you are a double-faced person.
- Untrustworthy – It will be hard for the others to put their trust on you. You are always on guard. You can easily dispose the things that you do not need and will only look at the things that will benefit you.
- Serious – People will think that you are dull and boring.
Genetics of the Eye Color
The eye pigment is affected by three genes. As of today, there is still so much thing to learn on the role that these genes played. Scientists are aware on how they affect the color of the eye. However, they are still unaware on how some unusual color blends that result to grey and hazel eyes. Nonetheless, there are still interesting information that the experts have discovered as the study about the eye color persists.
- In some instances, hazel eyes can appear green. This can be due to the different lighting level. It may also look like amber or brown.
- Brown is the dominant pigment. Therefore, it is no longer surprising that more than half of the earth population will have this eye color.
- Green and blue eyes can be passed down to your kids and their succeeding generations.
Why Do We Have Different Eye Colors?
Melanin which is a protective protein found in our iris determines the color of the eyes. The more melanin present in your eye, the darker it will get. Nonetheless, melanin has a dark brown property. Therefore, you are probably wondering why there are different eye colors. When there is a less amount of melanin, there is also a lesser level of light that is being absorbed. This results to a different shade such as green and blue. If there are no melanin, this will lead to albinism.
We all know for a fact that first impression is always based upon how we look. Since our eye is the most visible feature of our face, it is not uncommon that people will judge our personality based on the color of our eyes. This has been proven from the survey conducted by Cyberpulse. Therefore learning what your eye color say about you is pretty essential.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article !